Westlock Regional Landfill (main landfill south and east of Westlock) is under the direction of the Westlock Regional Waste Management Commission, not the County of Westlock. It is comprised of members from the Town of Westlock, Westlock County, and the Village of Clyde.
For current fees, bylaws and commission policies please click on the Learn More link below.
The Waste Commission is responsible for the Westlock Regional Landfill. The landfill is a Class II Municipal Waste Facility and under the management of a Commission Manager. The landfill operates under the Alberta Government Code of Practice for Landfills.
Follow staff directions at all times
For information on handling of waste with the Covid19 virus, please go to this link.
The Westlock Regional Waste Management Facility (Landfill) is taking recycle materials but there are some stipulations.
- If you have a cough or cold please have a mask on, or stay away until better.
- no tissues or materials that have liquids in them.
- Residential and small commercial loads go into the east end of building.
- you are to sort your recycle materials (cardboard, plastic without film, paper, tin cans) for the recycle centre
- staff are not allowed to assist
- Commercial loads go into the west door and must wait until staff direct them in and must follow procedures outlined by staff.
- No access to scale house or back of recycle centre until further notice.
- Recycle center closes 45 minutes before closing to allow staff time to sterilize bins and equipment.
- The transfer station and Landfill will be open, so we will continue to receive waste during regular hours. Staff will not be allowed to assist to unload or to handle any waste, so bring waste in a manageable volume for you to handle. If you have a cough or a fever please do not come out, if you do please be masked.
Staffs health and wellness are priority so among the above requirements, non staff members will not be allowed into any buildings. The only exception is essential contractors as required.
Please follow any directions given to you by staff and be safe.
Thank You, Tom Moore, Commission Manager.
Always ask the scale attendant if we can take something and where it should go. Thank you